Wednesday, May 4

Bye Bye


Not everyone feels at home, at work. I was one of the lucky few to have found a family at work. Parents, siblings and kids et all. The first few days at UKG made me feel ignorant as well as ignored to the hilt. As time passed, I made myself comfortable with the ways at work. It’s certainly not easy for a 17 year old to deal with seniors, partners, clients all at the same time. But more than the tough times I’ve spent at work, on the day I leave, I’d like to remember all the times I’m going to miss a lot and all the things I’ve managed to learn.

  1. The infinite treats. The mindless ragging of every single new article. The desperate wait for an occasion only to celebrate. Yes, we at UKG, believed in making a big deal out of the most trivial things :D I still remember how people were made to treat for joining, for leaving, for their birthdays and anniversaries, for any new item they’d purchased etc
  2. The gossip sessions. Oh my god. Were we a talkative lot or what? Our lunch discussions would range from love affairs to current affairs and before we’d realize, we’d have a huge backlog of work.
  3. Our super awesome picnics and treks/trips. The best part was the group games and the fact that each and every member of office was merrily involved in playing pranks, cheating and other such virtues. Still remember stealing shoes and playing the banjo on the rooftop!
  4. The fact that there was always time to chill even during the pressure times. We could get a cake and cut it in September (Yes we’ve done that!) or we could laugh for eternity on a single line of Viral Baba’s.
  5. Food Festivals and Jain culture. I don’t think I’d ever learn so much about Jainism had it not been for UKG. Can happen if you’ve spent nearly 3 years at a place full of Jains. I’m proud to say I know what days are auspicious for fasting and whether a particular vegetable is edible or not (by Jains) very well.
  6. I learnt that in an office environment, everybody hates somebody. And everybody is sweet to everybody. But I’m not kidding when I say that I found real friends here. Like genuine people who cared for me, mentored me and shaped me into the person I am today. Thanks guys.
  7. The Illeet Club and the GPAA.
  8. The Blunderbook and “All time favourite Lines”
  9. The Chairs and the provisions for water. Oh yes, I will miss them.
  10. The work. Yes, it’s just too good for a small firm.
  11. Needless to say, I’ll miss the people.

Umesh sir, for his outstanding perfectionism.
Champak sir, for his endless enthusiasm.
Deepesh sir, for his approachable nature and constant help. Also, the occasional-waking-me-up from my slumber with his screams.
Rachana, for her initiative.
Manishbhai, for his element of fun.
Sagar, oh my god, I’ll miss calling you SA-GAR and also, all your never-ending doubts.
Kruti, for her much needed support in bringing the boys down.
Sunny, for being the most caring person around.
Saini, for being my alter ego.
Sinchan, for his awesome wit and company in all the troubled times we’ve faced with Ambit.
Vinod, for his absurdities on one hand and brilliant logic on another.
Viral, the whole of you. Someday, please record your dialogues and send them to me.
Nihar, for your sincerity to your work and the many fun times we shared.
Daweena, for treating me like a little sister and always accompanying me for the most futile supermarket purchases.
Pratikshit, for teaching me more about work than anyone else could.
Hetal, for her awesome zeal for treks and being a really nice senior.
Gautam, for the badminton!
Anuj, for all the times we’ve laughed like lunatics and pretended like we don’t want to talk to each other.
Bhavin, for being so so so nice.
Ami, for being a really great guide on my first audit.
Khyati, for always answering my pointless doubts.
Priyanka, for all the timepass and the secret giggling at people.
Vikas, for his PJs and super helpful disposition.
Ravi, for his “Chalo Madam!!!”, his crazy questions to me and his really stupid jokes which only he finds funny till date.
Viral Chheda for his entertainment quotient and amazing spirit in life.
Sachin, for being kind on his first audit with a junior like me.
Shinde, for his accent, purely.
Shivaji, for his patience when I’ve asked him to call a Zillion clients all at once.
To all those I’ve missed here, it’s because I’m just too overcome to write here. I’ll miss you nevertheless.
Thanks for the extraordinary moments. It's almost time to leave. Goodbye and stay in touch.

1 comment: