Thursday, August 23

Locus of Control

Did you know five years ago what exactly you were going to do today? Well, I didn't. I've had this debate many times in my head. Whether I am a victim of my fate or the master of my destiny? Whether I am responsible for who I am today or could've been something else, had others let me have my way?

There are people who believe that the external environment has nothing to do with the way life turns out to be. Would you say that to a 2 year old girl who just lost her father? Would you say that to a family who just won a lottery? Would you say that to a person who failed an exam despite working really hard?

It is human tendency to credit oneself with success and blame others for failure. Is there really any truth in 'There is no such thing as luck.' I'm wondering if our elders voiced it so that we never got complacent or bogged down. 

Are you the kinds who stresses because you feel in-charge of your life all the time? If not, then you probably are cursing your boss for ruining your chances of a promotion or blaming your ugly English teacher for giving you a 'C'. How could that happen, you really ARE top notch in your vocabulary ! :O

Isn't letting go of all control really the best thing to do at times? Life taking you its way can't always be bad, right! Someone or something may probably change the course of your life even before you know it.

My entire world seems to be spinning out of control. I may be the only one to blame. Or is it just turning around its own axis of control, like it's always meant to be?

P.S: You might want to read up about Locus of Control on Wikipedia. Makes for delicious food for the mind.

1 comment: